International proposals must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Recipient organization* must be a not for profit USA based 501 (c) (3) public charity as defined by the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Projects to be considered must be located within the following countries: Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, or Nicaragua.
- Recipients must have staff and/or partners on the ground and include local community in the project development and implementation.
- Projects to be funded will address one of the following LASC Focus Areas:
- Food support, security, and sustainability: this may include emergency feeding and starvation relief; subsistence farming, backyard farming, or soil improvement initiatives; sustainable and regenerative food programs (ie…aqua farming, greenhouse gardens, beekeeping, fruit tree planting and baking)
- Social Entrepreneurship & Microdevelopment: food related community based initiatives that address poverty, increase income, teach new skills, provide training, and create individual, family and community economic opportunities.
- Poverty relief: Development of individuals, families, and communities toward self-determination and an improved standard of living. (ie…access to clean water and improved sanitation practices; housing development, animal husbandry)
- By personal invitation from LASC
*Organizations we do not fund – Light a Single Candle Foundation does not fund schools, churches, healthcare entities & initiatives, governments or governmental agencies, for profit organizations, individuals, or any non-501(c) (3) USA based charitable organization.
First time applicants: Please click here to register and complete a Letter of Inquiry. Your Letter of Inquiry will be reviewed by our staff, and you will be advised of any next steps.
Registered Users: Please click here to log on and submit request. Our staff will contact you with any next steps.
If you have any questions regarding your registration or you experience technical difficulties using our site, please contact our Grants Administrator.
If you have any questions regarding potential partnerships with Light a Single Candle Foundation or questions about the grants process, please contact our Program Officer.